Facial scars can be as a result of different causes for instance, accidental injuries, skin conditions like acne and chicken pox, or even surgical procedures done earlier. Since scars on the face are easily noticeable they can lead to lower self confidence or embarrassment in some occasions.
Fortunately, you don’t have to go through the agony that facial scars bring, because there are various treatment options you can choose from to help treat these types of scars.
Here are several suggestions that can help you in facial scar removal
1. Laser treatment: laser resurfacing is one of the popular and effective ways of treating facial scars. This treatment option can be used for many kinds of scars including acne scars. Some of the lasers used in this procedure include;
- carbon dioxide laser
- fraxel laser
- erbium laser
Though the cost of these treatments can be on the higher side, the results are good and well worth it. You are advised to always seek professional advice before undergoing such a procedure.
2. Going for chemical peels: this treatment can be used for dealing with mild scarring on the face. This option incorporates the use of an acidic substance that exfoliates the top layers of the skin. This stimulates the production of new skin cells on the face, making the scars to gradually fade away. You might experience a minor burning sensation while undergoing the procedure, but it ends soon after the procedure is completed. Normally, anesthesia is not administered during the procedure.
3. Microdermabrasion: Microdermabrasion is another treatment option for removing facial scars. If done properly, scars can be smoothened out making the scarred area blend with the surrounding skin on the face. This procedure involves the use of fine crystals which are sandblasted on the skin using a special hand held device. These fine crystals rub away the upper layers of the scar tissue, leaving the facial area with a better appearance. Just like any other facial procedure, you are encouraged to see a dermatologist and discuss the benefits, risks or any other thing associated with this procedure.
4. Using Creams: Application of scar creams is also an effective way of facial scar removal. Some ads claim that certain creams can completely remove scars on the face, this is not entirely true. But if application of creams is done consistently and properly it will significantly improve the appearance of the scarred area. This is an affordable scar treatment option and these creams are easily available at most beauty and drug stores. You should apply facial scar creams after the wound has healed. To get best results, apply the cream at least twice a day for example in the morning before leaving for work and at night before going to bed. This is a good way of treating faint facial scarring.
5. Doing an augmentation: For deep facial scars which may be resistant against other forms of treatment, you can tryout a procedure called augmentation. This treatment usually involves injecting the scarred area with filler material. This filler material can be collagen, artificially manufactured substances or fat tissue obtained from a different body part. This treatment works well for ice-box scarring or any other kind of deep scarring on the face.
6. Opting for natural treatment methods: Using natural treatments is also a way of removing facial scars. Some of the natural treatments have good results if done properly and regularly. Examples of natural treatments for facial scar removal:
• Use freshly made cucumber paste and applying it on the scarred area of the face.
• Honey is also good natural remedy of treating facial scars, especially acne scars. One advantage of using honey is that it keeps your skin adequately moisturized.
Preventing future facial scars from forming
Prevention of future recurrence of scars should also be considered. This involves taking simple measures like:
- Ensuring you properly apply sunscreen, if you are outdoors in the sun for long periods of time.
- Maintaining the skin clean at all times.
- Resisting the urge of popping pimples on the face.
- Keeping the skin hydrated by making sure you drink enough water.
If you are in search for a treatment for facial scars, you can go for any of the above options and select the appropriate one to help you treat faint, mild or even deep facial scars.
Do you want to get rid of all your scars? This great and effective scar removal guide "Scar Solution", will teach you some very effective natural ways you can use to treat and completely fade your scars!
Click here ==> Scar Solution Review, to read more about this guide