Acne is a skin condition that can lead to scars of various kinds on the skin. One of the methods used nowadays for fading acne scars is microdermabrasion.
This method incorporates the use of specialized equipment that uses fine crystals to get rid of the upper layers of the skin. The device delivers the crystals to the scarred area at a very high velocity which results in erosion of the top layer of the skin. After the tiny crystals hit the surface of the skin they are vacuumed immediately. This stimulates the epidermis layer resulting in production of new collagen and it also reduces the effects caused by aging.
Some of the mediums used in the microdermabrasion procedure are;
- Crystals made from aluminium oxide, the aluminium compound is preferred because it is inert and works effectively in exfoliating the skin because the crystals are irregularly shaped.
- Crystals made from sodium chloride and sodium bicarbonate, this type of crystal is recommended for sensitive skin.
- Crystals made from organic grains; these grains are obtained from plants, reeds or even trees. Although they are not very popular they work well for people who have sensitive skin.
- Diamond material can be used to make the tips of the devices. This material is considered safe because it pose little or no risk of inhalation of particles.
- Flexible materials can also be used in making bristle tips of the device used for the microdermabrasion procedure. These flexible bristles are normally used for acne scars that require aggressive treatment.
There are two options in if one chooses microdermabrasion to treat acne scars, the first option is one can decide to perform the procedure using home kits that are available in various beauty stores while the second option is going to professionals to perform the procedure. None of the options can really be said to be better than the other since people respond differently to the two treatment options. Although going to a professional, will cost significantly higher, the microdermabrasion will be done to a deeper skin level.
Benefits of selecting microdermabrasion to fade acne scars
• After undergoing the treatment, the results can be observed almost immediately.
• Reduces and prevents effects of aging.
• Microdermabrasion is very versatile in that it can be used in treating acne scars on all types of skin.
• The recovery period after undergoing the treatment is very short and the person does not have to go for further checkups.
• The procedure does not require one to have done any special treatment before it is performed. One only has to do cleaning of the acne scarred area to get rid of make up or any other substance that may be present on the surface of the skin.
• The production of new skin cells is stimulated and it improves the absorption capability of the skin. Thus if gels and creams are applied afterwards to get rid of the acne scars successfully, they will be absorbed more effectively.
How many times should one undergo microdermabrasion to successfully deal with acne scars
The results of undergoing the treatment can be seen almost instantly. However, one should know that the treatment does not work indefinitely; therefore one should go for the treatments regularly. Depending on the treatment, one can undergo about 12 applications which are effective for about a month. It advised to give the treated area a recovery time of one to two weeks between microdermabrasion treatments.
Are there side effects associated with microdermabrasion as a method of fading acne scars?
This treatment is not known to have any serious side effects; the only side effect that may result from microdermabrasion is reddening of the skin and some soreness. This is normal because the skin has been exfoliated and the healing effect has started to take effect. The good thing is that this lasts for around 2 hours after the treatment. One is also recommended not to expose the area that has undergone treatment to direct sunlight until it has completely healed.
In conclusion, before selecting any treatment method, it is advised that one should visit a dermatologist and does consultation on how best to treat the acne scars. Though microdermabrasion is a relatively recent method in treatment of scars, one can give it a try because not only is it painless but it can be done quickly, having little or no side effects.
Do you want to get rid of all your scars? This great and effective scar removal guide "Scar Solution", will teach you some very effective natural ways you can use to treat and completely fade your scars!
Click here ==> Scar Solution Review, to read more about this guide